Friday, April 18, 2008

A “FAREWELL” to college life –A hello to the “BIG” World

All good things come to an end one day …. So it happened with our college life too.

College life was a journey in itself. Journey with lots of fun, assignments, worries, presentations, internal tests, examinations, projects, submissions and loads of grades - both good & bad, gappebazi, bakra-giri, NSP searching, night stays etc. etc. etc…

All going to end soon or rather about to end. Now no more lectures, submissions, presentations, zerox, tests and exams.

I feel like I joined college just few days back but I wonder how fast I crossed these 5 years.

But now, not even a month left and College Life will end once and for all, thankfully with the THESIS. Somehow, I have waded my way through to the final semester with Thesis work, came across a number of hurdles, jumping most of them and stumbling upon a few.

Needless to say, Foods and Nutrition Dept. curriculum is similar to buffet system where there are many varieties of food to be eaten and that too in a short available time. And within this short span of time we tasting every flavour of each dish offered and grabbed. Aha!!! we never had time and never got opportunity to gobble up completely!

Sometimes I feel we are masters … Masters of all trades and Jack of ... (Still figuring Out: P: P)
So far we had nothing to worry about really except studies and submissions, without any thought about future, we were damn cool. So how long we can do this???? Don’t know …..

We all might have different experiences in college. We all have different memories to cherish. But whatever it may be, the feeling of leaving college, the experience of farewell would be the same regardless of how well known we are, as each one of us will be departing our close buddies & the college which was a sort of second home for a long time. (Sometimes I had a feeling it was my first home … coz my home was just an inn where I used to go for sleeping)

I think initially, the feeling of missing friends would not be in my mind. It would be more of the excitement of completion of the thesis, of M.Sc. & the feeling of stepping out into the world - “THE BIG WORLD” with jobs in hands - earning & living the way we have always dreamt of.

Clearly, the happy feelings over weigh the sad feelings but can’t ignore the facts these going days are never going to come back again. Needless to say that this is one of those most cherished unforgettable moments in each one of our life which we preserve as memories locked safe deep in our hearts.

Now I see ahead a door opened widely for me , leading me to the competitive world, calling me to make a niche for my. Now its time to start a career with all I learnt. (Or I should say with all we were forced to learn: P:P )

Finally I say farewell to college and a hello to the big world.

All the best to everyone reading this post, for a bright future!

5 comments:

cHaTtErBoX said...

Good Luck It is a great place out there .... You would get lot of memories here too to write about when u move into a next phase. Wish you best.

Amalgam said...

@ Chatterbox ....

Thanx .... we hope the same

The Devil said...

Nostalgia will rule whenever we will happen to think of this wonderfully created blog

Amalgam said...

@ the devil
thanks for the comment

Unknown said...

everything which come also evade.thats truth of life.thats 5 years was roller coaster ride for u,specially last year aapki thesis uffffffff.but all now is over.u will be in lap of great future.jo beet gaya so beet gaya.ab aapki real life suru ho rahi hai.god bless u all happiness of life.hamesa haste rahyega.thik hai